16 Powerful Graces Our Lady Promises to Those Who Honor Her 7 Sorrows
The devotion to Our Lady’s Sorrowful Heart is very powerful!
Our Lady provided at least two visionaries with details of the seven sorrows of her Immaculate Heart.
Did you know she also provided 12 promises to those who meditate upon these sorrows? Our Lord also provided four promises to those who honor her in this way.
However, there are at least two ways to obtain these graces. One method asks the faithful to pray at least one Hail Mary per sorrow, per day honoring Our Lady’s seven sorrows. Another set of promises entails praying the Seven Sorrows Rosary.
First, let’s list Our Lady’s Seven Sorrows. You can also find them in this ChurchPOP article.
Our Lady’s Seven Sorrows:
1) The Prophecy of Simeon (Luke 2: 34-35)
2) The Flight into Egypt (Matthew 2: 13-21)
3) The Loss of Jesus for Three Days (Luke 2: 41-50)
4) The Carrying of the Cross (John 19: 17)
5) The Crucifixion of Jesus (John 19: 18-30)
6) Jesus Taken Down from the Cross (John 19: 39-40)
7) Jesus Laid in the Tomb (John 19: 39-42)
Our Lady presented seven promises to 14th-century mystic St. Bridget of Sweden. She asked that the faithful to pray at least one Hail Mary in honor of each sword of sorrow. One must pray seven Hail Mary’s daily to obtain these graces.
Our Lady’s Seven Promises for Praying Seven Hail Mary’s in Honor of Her Seven Sorrows:
1) “I will grant peace to their families.”
2) “They will be enlightened about the divine Mysteries.”
3) “I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.”
4) “I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of My divine Son or the sanctification
of their souls.”
5) “I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.”
6) “I will visibly help them at the moment of their death — they will see the face of their Mother.”
7) “I have obtained this grace from My divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to My tears and sorrows will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness, since all their sins will be forgiven and My Son will be their eternal consolation and joy.”
St. Alphonsus Liguori said Our Lord made four promises to those who honor Our Lady’s Sorrowful Heart. He listed them in his book, The Glories of Mary.
Our Lord’s Four Promises for Honoring Our Lady’s Sorrowful Heart
1) “That those who invoke the divine mother by her sorrows, before death will merit to obtain true repentance of all their sins.”
2) “That he will protect such in their tribulations, especially at the hour of death.”
3) “That he will impress upon them the memory of his passion, and that they shall have their reward for it in heaven.”
4) “That he will commit such devout servants to the hands of Mary, that she may dispose of them according to her pleasure, and obtain for them all the graces she desires.”
The Seven Sorrows Rosary is another method of praying and meditating upon Our Lady’s sorrows.
While the prayer dates back to the Middle Ages, Our Lady of Kibeho re-introduced the Seven Sorrows Rosary in the 1980s to visionary Marie-Claire Mukangango in Kibeho, Rwanda.
In addition to obtaining the 11 promises listed above, Our Lady provided five additional promises to those who pray the Seven Sorrows Rosary.
Our Lady’s 5 Promises of the Seven Sorrows Rosary
1) With the recitation of the Seven Sorrows Rosary, the hardest hearts shall change, if you pray it for yourself or for others.
2) By the recitation of the Seven Sorrows Rosary, you shall be freed from obsessions and addiction.
3) This rosary when said from the heart, it will win us true repentance of our sins and free our souls from guilt and remorse.
4) Those who say it often, especially as recommended by Our Lady to Marie Claire, on Tuesdays and Fridays, shall obtain clear understanding of their weaknesses and flaws causing them to sin and those things we don’t like about ourselves and thought were a part of our character, shall change.
5) You shall obtain whatever you ask for through this rosary, praying this rosary from the heart.