5 Reasons Catholic Parishes Are Closing
Why are Catholic parishes closing?
On this week’s episode of The Catholic Talk Show, Ryan Scheel, Fr. Rich Pagano, and Ryan DellaCrosse join Fr. Josh McCarty of Pastoral Parish to discuss “major problems in the parish model and why so many parishes have closed or are on a path to closure.”
The guys discuss these topics:
• What are the warning signs a parish may close?
• Why registering for a parish makes little sense
• The flaws in the modern understanding of parishes
• Do parish councils help or hurt?
• How culpable are priests for parishes closing?